hitcounter

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Biopsies and other news...

I'M HOME!!! I left Germany on Tuesday and took yesterday off from work to get my American life in order. The trip home was a somewhat stressful one, but exciting!! I left Dave's (alone) on Tuesday morning at 11:00am and walked to the nearest hotel where I caught a taxi to the Bahnhoff (train station). I boarded a train to Frankfurt Flughafen (Airport), praying that there was no train switching necessary, at 11:52am. I arrived at Frankfurt Flughafen at 1:15pm -- a mere 4 hours before my flight was to take off. I wandered around the Frankfurt flughafen, looking for my United Airlines counter for a few minutes before finally checking my heavy-ass bags (I now have luggage arm). After that I had a bite to eat and a nap. At 5pm I boarded my flight and slept the WHOLE WAY HOME (7 hours and 50 minutes). That's what I get for staying up until 4am to watch TV!

Today before work I had two tiny biopsies! I don't think I've ever had a biopsy done before so this was somewhat disgusting and exciting at the same time! I had two small flesh colored bumps on my body that my dermatologist wanted to remove. One on the back of my calf (left leg) and one on my hand (left hand). They ruled out warts and thought I should come in to get them snipped today. First they poked me with a needle full of numbing solution, which stung. The numbing juice made the bump swell and turn white - pretty gross. Then they basically sliced the top off of each bump. These pups were about the size of a medium mole. (Or like the size of a drop of nail polish....) Now they are going to send them in for testing to see if I have skin cancer. It sounded VERY doubtful that this was a skin cancer -- so don't send me flowers or anything just yet. I got the impression that it was more of a "better safe then sorry" kind of procedure. I'll keep you posted.

I also got more zit prevention meds. Lets pray that they work. I'm over the zits. The last medication she gave me has really been helping. This new stuff, in combo with the other stuff, is supposed to be the key to a baby butt cheek complexion!!

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Jessiedc28 said...

I guess no ones CARES about my possible SKIN CANCER!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Keelee said...

YOU BETTER KEEP ME UPDATED... THIS IS NOT FUNNY!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home