hitcounter

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Movie Reviews

Original post written 2/21/05 but I didn't post until now in case I needed to add some last minute movies during my last hours in Germany. See below for reviews.

This is my latest movie review from the apartment of an American Army soldier, stationed in Germany. Since David lives off base he has no TV and watches movies instead. My sleeping schedule has been nothing short of WACK so I have personally had lots of movie watching time here in Germany. As of today, February 21st, I have watched 7 movies and begun an HBO Series. Here are the reports back (In order):


Buying the Cow: This movie was pretty funny and Jerry O'Connell is hot. It might be somewhat depressing or thought provoking for people in their upper 20's waiting for marriage.

The Life Of David Gale: I personally hold my friend responsible for not making me watch this movie sooner. I LOVED IT! So intense but yet -- not so intense that my girlie butt wanted to jump ship mid way.

Friday Night Lights: Sports. It's about high school football, which I love, but it's got a good story too and it's true. In my opinion that makes an otherwise so-so movie better. I was impressed. It has some slow moments -- but over all I give it a thumbs up.

Love & Basketball: Here was my love movie for the weekend. I loved it. I watched it at 2am on the 19th, and I think I cried a little bit. Maybe it was just jet lag though....

The Boondock Saints: WEIRD. I liked it but ...well what did you think? Have you seen it? I have to say, and I feel badly about it, that the cat part was the funniest thing!

The Bourne Identity: I WOULD EAT THIS MOVIE FOR DINNER - IT WAS SO GOOD.

The Bourne supremacy: I WOULD EAT THIS ONE FOR DESSERT BECAUSE IT WAS ALSO THAT GOOD. (After some thought I think it helped that I watched them back to back.)

**The HBO Series that David has on DVD is called The Wire. I am addicted and concerned that I won't get through it before I leave. I wonder if Netflix has it? Anyway, I've got to go watch it now....to keep in the crime loop! Tusch!

After writing this blog, on the night of the 21st, I stayed up until 4am to finish the series. (I had to leave to go home the morning of the 22nd at 10am.) Once I did fall asleep I had dreams about being in the series myself! I sacrificed good sleep time the night before my departure from Germany but it was worth it because I loved the series & now love watching an entire TV series in one sitting!!!

Since I've been home I've watched half of Saw. I am not a fan of scary movies because they give me nightmares but I'm going to get through this thriller. Wish me luck.......

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Kaycee said...

Netflix has been updated accordingly.

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You watched some great movies. My favorite is definitely Love and Basketball. I can watch that one over and over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home