hitcounter

Friday, August 13, 2004

Sobriety makes Jess less fun?

I went to a birthday party today for my friend Dean who turned 41. I didn't drink. I didn't drink until 10:20 when the waiter brought out a margarita that no one ordered and was trying to get rid of it. At that point I'd been sitting around listening to 8 drunkerds talk about ....well about nothing really....so I took it. I feel sort of bad about that since I promised myself that I was going to stay sober. It's not like I'm drunk off the one margarita. It was good and felt very social. I didn't really go in to this to become a recovering alcoholic anyway. (I think I'm making excuses now. ) Anyway - everyone kept commenting on how "sober Jessica is so quiet" and that was wierd. I think it's sober, hormonal, tired Jessica that is quiet. So then I ordered a shot of taquilla.

Now that I've posted that picture of those shoes -- I'm wondering -- do they look like stripper shoes? Maybe the dangling diamond heart is over kill. Do I care? No. I am attending a wedding with 2 ex-boyfriends who are taking their girlfriends. Yes. And I am taking who you ask? My brother. I am taking my brother to the wedding with the two ex-boyfriends with thier new girlfriends. I love my brother, and he's tall so I can wear my stripper shoes comfortably, but it reeks a little of 'dork at the prom', doesn't it?

I pray that my friends in Florida - Cory, Leslie & Scott & The Kichinko Family are all fine and not under water because of the hurricane. On that note I'm going to go watch the news to be sure they're ok.

I'll be blogging more in the near future. I think being sober has made me feel BLAH so I haven't had anything interesting to say. Or maybe it's this damn PMS shit. You know - I started taking birth control - which I didn't want to do. My doctor had some weird issue about me NOT taking it. I felt so good not taking it. This has been the worse PMS I've had in 2 years. I feel funny all over. I can't figure out whether it's PMS or sobriety. Maybe next month I'll get wasted during that lucky week and see if that helps.

5 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

I'm sorry, I wasn't going to comment, but I couldn't stand not commenting. You wrote about PMS and BC pills and sucked me into commenting. Hormonal stuff (presently) is one of my favorite topics.

I just wanted to say, hang in there (if you want to take them) because BC pills make you weird (in your body and mind) for about the first three months of taking them.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Jessiedc28 said...

THanks for the comment! I am going to stick with them for the 3 months per your advice and the advice of my doctor. I have been on one form or another since I was 17 - so I am used to the ups and downs but I so enjoyed being off of them so much that I'm just being whiney! I'll keep you posted. I'd rather be a terrifying crabby jerk then a zitty 27 year old though. Why can't these mountains of disaster leave my poor cheeks alone!!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

Argh! I hate zits. I know this may sound weird, but I started taking 50mg per day of zinc and I have one itty bitty zit by my nose this month. That's it. I'm weirded out by that because usually I get those painful mountain things on my chin and jawline.

I've been on three types of BC pills since January of this year. Every time they switch me I have 3 months of joy to endure.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Jessiedc28 said...

So is Zinc the anti zit key? I just spent $50 at Bed Bath & Beyond on a Conair Microderm Abrasion kit and one of those super magnified mirrors! (It was a gift certificate actually for $50). I was so grossed out by myself today I had to leave my friends home to go home and try and dezit. ugh!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Jammie J. said...

LOL! That's funny. I bought my trash can at B,B& B (using abbreviations like that makes me feel all smart and stuff, sorry). I think I spent about $50. I've used my trash can every day since. I like it when I buy something that I end up using every day. I threw a trash can away last week, one I had for yard waste but never used it. I felt weird throwing a trash can away.

I don't really know for sure if zinc is the anti-zit key, but you might find this post interesting. Zinc promotes wound healing and helps maintain your immune system. Alcohol, incidentally, depletes the zinc in your body.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home