hitcounter

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Ooo fun I can pick a title...I don't think I knew about that before..

This morning on the way to work I saw a really old man (we're talking like 82) riding a crotch rocket motorcycle. He was at a four way stop. It was a black speed demon and he was wearing a matching black helmet. The helmet was without a face piece thingy thus making it easy to spot his cute wrinkly face. He was hunched over and driving very slowly. Both myself and the cab driver next to me were laughing hysterically. I desperately wanted to scream, "Go Gramps!" out of the window - but alas the moment was over before I could get myself together enough to roll down the window. ....the joys of life...

I am putting together this meeting in San Francisco in July. The meeting planners are a part of the "A-Team", which is compiled with all the Executive Assistant in the entire company. I was told on a conference call yesterday that I'll be expected to wear a fluorescent green vest with light reflectors on it throughout the meeting. The purpose of this is to be highly visible to confused attendees. Sort of like a hall monitor or a crossing guard. I'm upsettled (see word reference and origin in prior blogs) about this fashion no-no. I fear that this horrid green apparel is not going to compliment my newly purchased meeting attire. I think not that a fluorescent green vest with light reflectors will go smashingly with my Ann Taylor mini skirt, teal sweater, and matching high heeled flip flops. Nor will it appropriately accent anyone else's outfit for that matter. Pray for me...

I get to be the first one to see Holly's engagement ring. Today - in one hour. I hope I'm allowed to take a picture so I can post it. I fear that this act may be considered "stealing ones thunder" but I'll try .... Either way I get to borrow the convertible while she's vacationing in Florida this week - so I shant be too upset.

I posted a guestbook. I am a very proud blogger for figuring out how to do this. Woo-hoo!

Reminder: Have you planned your Fathers Day activity yet? If not you have 4 more days to do so...get on the ball! I'm taking my Dad tubing for the day. He doesn't know..it's a "mystery trip". Our family has a tradition of taking "mystery trips". When we were kids my parents would shove us all in a mini van and sweep us off to a childhood paradise. We would sometimes have to sit in the car for hours wondering where we were going, hoping it wasn't an orphanage. This is his pay back. An hour and a half drive to go tubing down the Potomac with a cooler full of beers....an adult paradise. Can't wait!

Check ya later...sign my guestbook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home