hitcounter

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Comments please

Cory just told me that I can add a comments section to my blog. I did it successfully! It was really easy actually. I thought it was going to require a lot of reading and instruction - alas it did not. Anyway...you are welcome to leave a comment. But just be nice.

I watched the movie Mystic River over the weekend. I got majorly loaded with my friends on Saturday night and ended up getting super paranoid. Eventually, after listening to story after story about their crazy college life, I went home and popped in Mystic River. For some reason I thought it was going to be a drama - possibly a period piece - like Cold Mountain. It wasn't. It was intense or what I often call, scary. I was not in the right frame of mind for this movie and I hate scary movies anyway. I turned it off, sealed it up, and was determined to send it back. Had I not been so paranoid I would have marched my ass down the street and immediately shoved the hideous thing in the mailbox. The next day though I caught up with Mario and he talked me out of sending it back. He said that I should really watch it because it's good in a wiggin kind of way. On Sunday,in the safety of my parents home, I finished the movie. It wasn't quite as tense as I'd remembered it to be on Saturday night but it was wiggin. I liked it. Sean Penn always plays such off the wall characters but I find my self strangely attracted to the man. Anyway I cried at the end - go figure. Moving on. I got another movie from Netflix the other day, Miracle. I was very excited about it when I put in the order. I had been wanting to see this movie since it was in the theaters however just after I ordered it my friend Courtney decided to sit on a plane and pretty much transcribe the whole damn thing on his site. (Site link in title - BTW) Thanks a lot Courtney! I'm watching it anyway. One more movie to go. I also watched Calendar Girls. I know the boys will roll their eyes and tell me I'm a chick flick geek. I am and I don't care. For the girls out there that dig a little chick flick every now and then - this movie was a winner. I thought it was cute and surprise surprise, I cried. It was kind of a "You Go Girl" movie set in ultra conservative England. I hope I can be that sexy and fun when I'm old, droopy, and wrinkly. And finally - I had dinner with my friend Carrie last night. She came over to see the newer renovations to my place. We drank too much, didn't eat enough, talked for hours, renewed our friendship vows, and I've decided I need to infuse more Carrie in to my life. She is one of the most vibrant flowers in my garden of life. She's an apple I want in my basket. She's ..she's...she's...she's going to read this today so I'm trying to be as smoochy as possible. I'm done. Oh wait...I'm daring to wear the white jeans again today. I pray to the god of white stretch denim that I do not spill a colored matter on to my newly dry cleaned pantaloons. Ok bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home