hitcounter

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Just some stuff.....

So far today I'm feeling good. The PMS is still rumbling around in there somewhere but I think it's safe to discuss some basic information.

  • For some reason I have fallen in love with this Josh Groban song. I know...I know..you're thinking HOW GAY! Right? Yes. Well... I heard this song more then a year ago in the Target CD department. I'm not even sure it was being sung by Josh at the time. I have this "easy listening" station playing at work now and Josh's version is on at least once a day. I find myself wanting to stand upright from my desk and belt out "YOU RAISE ME UUUUUUUUUUUP!". It's just such an uplifting song that one can't help but really love it. Here's a taste of the lyrics:

When I am down and, Oh my soul, so weary;

When Troubles come and my heart burdened be;

Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,

Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;

You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;

I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;

You raise me up: To more then I can be.

  • My brothers girlfriend, who wrote me a strange e-mail I posted a while back, has started her own blog. She has a fascinating blog entry titled 'Squirrel Diaries' that you should read if you have time. It's true Stephanie style - obnoxious & odd - yet good brain food.

  • I dare say I'm not much of a crafter. Next week I am having a Halloween/Fall dinner party with "the girls". I am cooking Cranberry chicken, garlic mashed potatoes & roasted autumn veggies with mulled wine to sip. (Doesn't that just make you want to put on your wool socks, clogs, scarf and come by?) Well I thought it would be a good idea to have an EASY (5 minutes or less) craft for each of us to do while dinner is cooking. A make your own party favor of sorts. I considered carving pumpkins but it's just too messy for 8 girls in my little place. After some research on line yesterday I came up with Halloween broaches you make with beads & safety pins. How hard can it be? Put 10 beads on each of the 10 safety pins and then clasp together with one LARGE safety pin. After 45 minutes at Michaels craft store, $33 in beads and safety pins, many giggles from family members as I attempted to put my party favor together -- I deduced that I MUST come up with a Plan B. The beads were either too small or too big. The safety pins were just all wrong. Ugh! Plus my Dad pointed out that 8 girls + mulled wine + tiny beads + pointed objects = BAD IDEA!! Any suggestions out there for a fun yet easy adult craft? No noodle necklaces thank you.

  • I'm heading back down to North Carolina tomorrow. The plan is to wait-out the traffic until about 7 or 7:30pm and then head south listening to my new book-on-tape. It's the 2nd Bridget Jones book. GLCB is really sick and needs me. The plan was to drive back up here together on Sunday and go see Jamie Cullum in concert on Sunday night. Not sure if that will be happening now. Poor GLCB. *muah*muah* honey.

  • Tonight I am going to watch my friend Jen play softball for the United Way of America. They have a little softball league that plays in the spring and the fall. This team is really really bad. REALLY BAD. The point of the league is to promote team work and interoffice fun, I think. Even though I've never seen this team win a game they have crap loads of team spirit. They are always full of high fives, cheers, and they run as hard as they can from base to base. It always brings a smile to my face to see people get out there with a smile on their face and be truly unskilled in something, all in the name of team work. I really suck at that.


1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Compulsive Lizzie said...

You know how I've been re-decorating for the past year...no where close to being done...ok, well, maybe you don't...but i decided to do my own paintings for the walls int he living room...just waiting to have money...but now i have an idea...and i got it from stephanie's blog...you know the very long wall that you see right when you walk in my apt.? i'm going to get a canvas that covers almost the whole wall and i'm going to sit in paint bare-assed (oops!, i cursed! kidding!) and then sit on the canvas, many times. how cool is that going to be?!

it might be a really cool thing to get like anyone who comes over to do it as well...kind of like their signature on my wall...i could have a lizzie, a joshy, maybe a jessie, or a carla...maybe even gabby and cory...it would be a huge wall filled with butt signatures...i'd make sure to have alcohol wipes of course and private use of my bedroom for the act...but fun, fun, fun!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home